need legal services?
Legal solutions to help you achieve your goals
What we do
Wills and Estate Administration, Small Business Representation, Personal Representation
Wills and Estate Administration
A will is not just about identifying who inherits your house or your car. A will is also important for identifying a guardian for your minor children if you should pass, or for appointing a trustee to oversee the assets inherited by your children until they are old enough to manage them responsibly. If you do not have a will, any decisions regarding your estate and children are out of your control – who inherits your estate will be determined by the rules of “intestate succession” (“intestate” means “without a will”). Guardians and trustees may be appointed by the courts. As you might imagine, administering the estate can also be more costly without a will.
I prepare wills, but moreover, I provide guidance on your overall estate plan and can assist in administration following the death of a loved one:
- Advanced healthcare directives (sometimes referred to as a living will) identifying an appointee to make health care decisions for you should you become incapacitated as well as powers of attorney to enable a loved one to handle your financial affairs should you be unable to handle them yourself.
- Estate planning that can help avoid unnecessary estate/inheritance tax expense, addresses guardianship and trustee decisions, minimizing probate time and expense and preparing updates as your personal circumstances change.
- Estate Administration: Assisting you in the administration of the estate of your deceased loved one, getting all notices filed, getting assets liquidated or transferred to beneficiaries and getting taxes paid and tax returns filed.
Small Business Representation
When you are starting or growing your own business, you invest a great deal of time and money towards the business and providing for your customers. It is important to seek legal advice and assistance when entering into business contracts to protect your investment of time and money. Let me help you draft important contracts for your company, or help you better understand what you are being asked to sign, suggest revisions and negotiate your contracts for your best deal:
- Contracts: Employment or independent contractor agreements, commercial leases, non-competes, customer or supplier agreements.
- Incorporation/Formation: If you are starting a business, I can help you decide what type of entity makes sense (corporation, LLC partnership, etc.) and assist in getting the entity legally formed.
- Business Acquisition: If you are buying a business, I can walk you through the process and assist you with documenting the transaction to ensure you are getting what you paid for and to help avoid surprises.
Everyone should have an attorney to rely on in case of trouble. As your personal legal representative, I can provide you with able assistance in those times when you need it most:
- Automobile Accidents
- Employment Discrimination/Civil Rights
- Criminal Matters
- Consumer Protection
- Personal Bankruptcy
serving the Five County area
Over 25 Years Experience
Estate planning and administration, small businesses representation and general personal representation (auto accidents, divorce, criminal matters, consumer protection, employment discrimination). Over 25 years’ experience serving the Five County area, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware, Chester and Philadelphia). Licensed in Pennsylvania.
Get In touch below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Law Offices of Kevin Meise
600 Eagleview Boulevard, Suite 300 Exton, PA 19341
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is not intended as legal advice and it is not a substitute for the advice of counsel. Anyone seeking legal advice should contact an attorney. Use of this site or use of electronic mail to or from this site does not constitute, in any manner, an attorney-client relationship between Law Offices of Kevin Meise and any other person.
Over 25 years of experience serving clients and communities in and around Chester County including Exton, Downingtown, Thorndale, Coatesville, Lionville, Chester Springs, West Bradford, Chesterbrook, Parkesburg, Elverson, Paoli, Frazer, Malvern, Eagle, Glenmoore, Guthriesville, West Chester, Honey Brook, Wallace, Phoenixville, King of Prussia, Norristown, Media.